You can do your part for Lexington Humane Society by donating an item from our Wish List. Our furry friends rely on the compassion and generosity of you, the community, and we couldn't continue our mission without your support.
As the largest adoption agency in Central KY we rely on the kindness of the community to support us in our efforts to provide love and care to abandoned animals.
Our life-saving programs are solely reliant on private donations and community support. While cash donations are best since we can purchase food and supplies at a nonprofit discount, there are many items that we use daily and are happy to have donated.
In our efforts to "go green" and help the environment for our two and four-legged friends, we will no longer be using newspapers for cage or catbox liners. We therefore are not in need of newspaper donations and encourage you to recycle your newspapers at your local recycling center. We appreciate your efforts and support! Please see below for other items that can help our furry friends.
Currently Our Greatest Needs Are:
- Cash Donations. As a 501(c)3 organization, we are able to purchase supplies at a nonprofit discount and make each dollar go further.
- Canned wet cat food (any brand, but pull-tab cans are prefered)
- Pee pads for surgery clinics
- Cat toys
- Cat litter
- Large Kongs
- Soft dog training treats, such as Moist and Meaty. Please, no dry biscuits at this time.
- Flat sheets (not fitted), towels, hand towels, or thin blankets
- Exotic pet food
- Large, sturdy toys for big dogs, such as large rope toys.
- Gas cards or other gift cards
- High-grade AA Batteries
- Timothy hay/Alfalfa for small animals (no cedar bedding, please)
- HE (High Efficiency) laundry detergent
- Tall kitchen trash bags
- Copy paper
- Bleach (liquid or powder)
- Gently used professional DSLR cameras, with lens(es).
- Gently used laptops running Windows 7 or better.
*All LHS animals are fed a consistent, nutritious diet of SPORTMix brand food. LHS feeds Southern States’ SPORTMix brand exclusively.
To protect the health of our animals we request that any used animal items be thoroughly disinfected prior to donation.
We encourage you to give us a call at (859) 233-0044 x 238 with any questions regarding possible item donations prior to visiting.
Donations are accepted 7 days a week on the Lexington Humane Society Campus:
Monday - Friday 10:00am - 6:00pm in the Administration Bldg.
Monday - Thursday, Saturday 12:00pm - 6:00, Friday 12:00pm - 8:00 in the Adoption Center
Sunday 1:00pm - 5:00pm in the Adoption Center