Our Commitment of Trust, Respect and Privacy for Donors
The Lexington Humane Society is dependent on the support and goodwill of donors. For over a hundred years, philanthropy has been the foundation of the Society and we consider the confidence of our donors to be paramount. Therefore, we are committed to the following:
- To keep the community, and specifically our donors, informed of our mission and activities.
- To have publicly available the names of persons serving on the Board of Directors, the Officers of the Board, and the President.
- To protect the privacy of the information of donors and not sell or share information (individual or donor lists) to others. Should this policy ever change by Board of Directors action, donors would have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from the mailing lists that are to be shared.
- To respond to donor questions with prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
- To assure gifts and donations are used for the purposes for which they are given.
- To provide appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
This long-standing commitment was adopted as Policy by the Board of Directors on August 30, 2005.
**The Lexington Humane Society (LHS) does not distribute or sell submitted information to any third parties. Your information is used internally for LHS purposes only. Should you wish to no longer receive emails and/or mailings from our organization, please email your request for removal.