What a value! The cost of care per LHS animal is around $250, the value of the services each animal is provided pre-adoption is approximately $415! Our adoptions include:
- Microchip with registration
- Up-to-date on vaccinations (including rabies and K9 influenza vaccine)
- Mild de-worming, heartworm prevention and flea control
- Feline leukemia test
- Heartworm test
- Complimentary veterinary wellness exam
- Complimentary bath and brush
- Optional 30-Day pet insurance from PetFirst (FREE)
- A best friend for life!
Adopting a Pet
- Dogs and puppies: $79 - $249
- Cats and kittens: $1 - $89
- Bunnies and other pets: $5 and up!
Please note: pets with higher adoption fees help subsidize the cost of care for those animals needing a little more time to find their forever homes. Mandatory $8 Fayette County dog/cat license fee is not included in the adoption fee. All adopted animals must leave in an approved pet carrier or on a collar and leash; these items are available for purchase in our adoption centers if you have not already purchased them. We accept cash, VISA or MasterCard as payment options.
Starting Off on the Right Paw
- Adopting a pet is a serious commitment of love and responsibility; therefore, the adoption process is a serious commitment of time—please be prepared!
- We require all adopters to spend quality time with the animals they are interested in before completing the process
- The adoption process itself takes about 45 minutes; weekends are very busy, please allow extra time
- Adoption process must start 1 hour before closing
- Some adoptions may not be completed in the same day
- Sorry, we can’t hold animals unless a meet-and-greet has been completed
- If you are traveling in from out-of-town, please speak to our Adoption Manager for special consideration